Thursday, November 22, 2012

Mom is very thankful today

This entry almost never happened. I actually did walk away from the computer after thinking that my heart isn't in the same place as the one that started this blog. But then, I thought about the happiness Chester and Garfield have brought into my life and realized that I'm so thankful that they are part of our family. 

Part of the reason why I started this blog was to share pictures and videos of Chester but both cats are so much more than the "cute" I originally wanted to feature. Chester and Garfield have been there for me and I for them and I love them so much.


Both cats come to my husband and I after we come home from work. And if we don't shower them with affection immediately, they follow us around until we respond. Chester currently likes to lick my fingers and flops on his side for my husband to rub his belly. Garfield prefers to sniff us and I'll pet the base of his tail and around the sides of his mouth and underneath his chin while my husband takes out a toy for Garfield to chase.

 This is a video from March 2012 of Chester saying hello when I come home from work

After we've all settled in, well, Garfield wants to play! Chester doesn't have Garfield's energy and he'll either watch from a vantage point of a box or a blanket after a nice kneading session, but lately he's been joining Garfield in the fun.



So thank you Chester and Garfield for being part of my life and my husband's, too!

5 comments:

  1. That's a great thing to be thankful for. Our mom says we bring her much joy too. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the video's too Happy Thanksgiving.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving!! Cool videos! Our Mom is thankful for us too!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very nice post. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
    Purrs

    ReplyDelete