Sunday, March 18, 2012

Exotic Shorthair Chester: Dusty Chester and pictures from his first bath at his forever home

You may remember that Chester had fun on the top of the armoire and that he rolled over in the dust to play with me. Here are some pictures!




That's 6 years worth of dust - oy vey!  Luckily, the bath we had scheduled for last week had to be postponed until today since A. was away on business.

A. and I have gotten better at bathing and drying Chester since we gave him his first bath in his forever home.

Here are some pictures from that first bath:



And I have gotten used to the fact that Chester will voice his protest which initially caused me to feel uneasy.


(He's so little!)



But Chester goes along with the routine since he has received monthly baths his whole life and even moves his head, body, and legs in the direction of the heat from the blow dryer. The first couple of times, we dried him on the floor of the kitchen so he was DONE with the whole thing before he was completely free of water.

Chester walking away after his first bath - not dry yet!



We now have a station set up adjacent to the sink so getting him dry doesn't take as long as it used to and he doesn't walk away before Andy and I are done.

6 comments:

  1. Hi there Chester. You sure are a good boy to let them give you a bath. You do look so nice and clean now. Take care and have a super Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not the biggest fan of baths but I get treats and now my coat is softer. I'm shedding my winter coat so this bath helped a lot!

      Delete
  2. Aww, Chester, you don't look like you enjoyed that bath much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't what I wanted to do on the second day that mommy and daddy don't leave for so many hours to the outside place but I did get some treats and it got a lot of my dead fur off of me. I still have a little more shedding to do but then I'll be all ready for my spring coat!

      Delete
  3. He was so good for his bath!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really was. I am soooo thankful that his previous catteries gave him baths, I assume from when he was young enough to receive them. It's hysterical when he moves his head, neck, and legs for optimal drying. It's almost like he's a professional and we're the amateurs at this bath thing, lol! It helps so much that he's docile...

      Delete